عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسنده [English]چکیده [English]
Lexicography has apparently a relative long background in the history of the Persian culture and literature. The existence of the two Avestan and Pahlavi lexicons, Oīm-ēwak and Pahlavīg, indicates that this know-how had developed into some stages of its perfection in the Sasanid era. Though the lexicons probably reached their final compilation in the 3rd and 4th A.H. centuries, the origins of this knowledge trace back to more ancient periods. The Oīm-ēwak lexicon includes some Avestan words and sentences with their Middle Persian translations. In its modern format, this lexicon has an introduction and 27 chapters. The content of each chapter is often arranged on the basis of a specific subject and therefore, indicates that the author has seemingly been familiar with this method of lexicography. The subjects of some chapters are: numerals and adverbs; gender and number for nouns, adjectives and verbs; relative pronouns and time measuring.
Moreover, the Oīm-ēwak lexicon is particularly significant regarding its inclusion of some linguistic terminologies, and words used in the Avestan texts of the Sasanid era, which are not accessible today.
The article studies the methods of lexicography, on the basis of this lexicon.
- Frahang: Asha, Raham, Avesta Glossary, A glossary of Avesta words and their Pārsīg equivalents, based on the Zand, the so-called Frahang ī ōīm: ēk, Text and Grammatical Notes, The K.R. Cama Oriental Institute, Mumbai 2009.
- Hoshangji Jamaspji and Haug, M., An Old Pahlavi – Pazand Glossary, Bombay-London-Stuttgart 1867.
- Klingenschmitt, G., “Frahang-ī ōīm, Edition und Lommentar”, Ph.D. diss., University of Erlangen, 1968.
- Malandra, William W., “Frahang ī oīm”, Encyclopedia Iranica, (Ed. E. Yarshater), 2000.
- Reichelt, H., “Der Frahang I oīm”, Reichelt, H., Der Frahang ī oīm (Zand-Pahlavi Glossary), I. Einleitung, (Text), Wiener Zeitschrift fur die Kunde des Morgenlandes, 1900, 177-213; II. Index der Awestaworter, WZKM, 1901, 117-186.
- تفضلی، احمد، 1376، تاریخ ادبیات ایران پیش از اسلام، به کوشش ژاله آموزگار، تهران.